Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Accidental Double Date

I accidentally went on a double date a couple weekends ago...

A few days after the Hill Station incident I ran into the same breakfast crew while I was getting my coffee. Today the topic of conversation was weekend plans. Everyone was talking about a new movie that was coming out on Friday, called Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kani, or something like that (I know I am butchering the title). Someone asked me if I would go see the movie, I said I would, it seemed like it would be funny and the cutie Ranbir Kapoor is in it.

So Friday afternoon I get the following txt from one of the members of the lunch crew.

"Movie Sat? Jail or Gazam? Inorbit? - Adam"

I figured that this was a mass text out to the breakfast crew from the day before and replied.
I got to the movie theater on Saturday afternoon to find out that the only people there are Adam, Rane, his wife and myself. I immediately think to myself, "I really hope that this is not supposed to be a double date." We watched the movie and afterward everyone started making plans for what to do next; get food, head to the beach, etc. At this point I attempt to excuse myself from the remainder of the nights activities, because I needed to buy a couple things from the mall. No such luck, everyone decides that running my errands with me will be more fun than going to the beach. I guess it was supposed to be a double date.

After my errands the making of post movie plans starts again... Again I say I can't go because I have some other plans already for that night, which I legitimately did (I was going to go out to this club called Bling with my cousin's husband's cousin, who lives in Mumbai also, thats another story though).

At this point Rane says to me very disapprovingly, "You know if you spent time trying to get to know people here, you will find they are very nice." To this I could only stare back at him in silence for about half a minute. Pretty harsh, I went to the movie, not sure how friendly he wanted me to be...

3 comments:

  1. that is an awkward picture girl~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I took a picture of a display at the mall and "Rane" saw my camera and was like we haaave to take a picture. It came out soo hilarious I had to post it!

    ReplyDelete